Applies to Infiniti v9.1 or later
On-boarding Form Creation
In this exercise we will be building an On-boarding form that anyone starting at a new company would use.
In the final part of the guide we will be attaching our fragments together to create the On-boarding form.
Create a new project and call it On-boarding and select no document.
- Click New Page 1 and call it Employee.
- Drag a fragment underneath the page and select Fp_personalInformation as your project. This is the first fragment we made.
- Add a section, a column and add a multiple choice question. Call the question ‘Access pass Required’ and make the display type: Toggle Button. Give it two answers. Yes and No.
- Create another section and select placeholder as the repeating option. Make the maximum 6. In Conditions make it so that the section is only active if Access pass required has yes selected.
- Add a column under the repeating section and then a Data Source. Make the Data Source, Table/View/ Display Field and Value field all equal Buildings. Click the answer and change the Data Field to Buildings and the Data Convert to Text.
- Add a text field underneath it and call it “Reason why an access pass is required”.
Terms of Agreement Page
- Add a new page and call it Terms of Agreement.
- Add a section, column (call it Working Week) and a multiple choice question. Call the multiple choice question ‘Working Hours’, change the display type to Drop-down List and give to 4 answers which are called 8.30am – 5.00pm, 9.00am – 5.30pm, 8.30am – 1.00pm and 12.30pm – 5.30pm.
- Add another multiple choice question and call it Salary Payment. Give it 2 answers called Direct Debit and Check.
- Add a text field and call it Contract Date, change the data type to Date and call the answer Date. Add another text field and call it Start Date, change the data type to date and call the answer Start_date. For Start Date go to validation, select Greater than or Equals to and type in today() into the expression field and click add.
- Add another multiple choice question, call it ‘Type’. Add 3 answers and call them Full Time, Part Time and Fixed Term.
- Add a Numeric and call it Hours Per Week. Call the answer Hours Per Week also. The Numeric acts as a slider where you can choose your number assuming it is within the minimum and maximum.
- Add a Text field and call it Fixed Term End Date and change the data type to Date. In conditions, make sure it is only active if Type: Fixed Term is selected and make the validation so that it is greater or equal to today (refer to a previous step).
- Add two multiple choice questions. Call them ‘Week Start’ and ‘Week End’ and change the display type to Drop-down List. Make sure both have 7 answers and name the answers after each day of the week. Mon-Sun.
- Add another column and call it Details and Location.
- Add a text field, call it Annual Salary and change the data type to Currency.
- Add a multiple choice question and call it ‘Office’. Change the data type to drop-down List and give it the answers Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
- Add another multiple choice question, call it ‘Department’ and change the Display Direction to Horizontal. Give it the answers Admin, Sales and HR.
- Add 3 text fields called Account Name, BSB and Account Number. In conditions make it so that all of them are only active if Salary Payment: Direct Debit has been chosen. In BSB change the character limit to 6 and give the water mark 02 6238.
- Add a new page and call it New Employee IT Requisition.
- Add a multiple choice question, call it ‘Select the IT products/systems required by this employee’. Change the selection type to Multiple Answers and the Display Type to Toggle Button. Add 4 answers and call them Network Logon, Mobile Phone, Laptop/Desktop PC and Tablet.
- Add a section and a column and then add a Tab Group. Make sure Accordion is checked and then add 4 tabs inside the tab group. Call them ‘Network Logon Setup’, ‘Select the type of mobile phone’, ‘Laptop/Desktop PC Setup’, ‘Tablet Setup’.
- For each tab, set the conditions so they are only active when the related answer is selected from the ‘Select the It products/systems required by this employee’ question. Example: if Tablet Setup is active if Tablet has been selected.
- In the Network Logon Setup tab, add 2 text fields called New Login and New Email. For New Email, change the Data Type to email.
- In the Select the type of Mobile Phone tab, add a multiple choice question, call it ‘Select the type of mobile phone’, change the display direction to horizontal and give it 4 answers called IPhone 5S (iOS 7), IPhone 5C (iOS 7), Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android) and Nokia Lumia (WP8).
- In the Select the type of Laptop/Desktop PC Setup tab, add a multiple choice question, call it ‘Select the type of Laptop/Desktop PC’, change the display direction to horizontal and give it 4 answers called Dell Desktop (Windows 8.1), Dell Laptop (Windows 8.1), MacBook Air (MacOS) and MacBook Pro (MacOS)
- In the Select the type of Tablet Setup tab, add a multiple choice question, call it ‘Select the type of tablet’, change the display direction to horizontal and give it 3 answers called Microsoft Surface Pro (Windows 8.1), IPad Air (iOS 7) and Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android).
- Add 2 Fragments below the Page New Employee IT Requisition (not in it).
- For both of them choose FP_AdminApproval.
- Rename the first one to HR and the other to CEO.
- In the inputs for both of them, make the input for First Name: [Fragment.Fp_personallnformation.First Name]. And the Last Name: [Fragment.Fp_personallnformation.Last Name].
- We are referencing the outputs made by our first fragments to change what information is displayed in the HR and the CEO fragment.
- Go to workflow and click Add Parallel Section.
- Add 2 states under that Parallel Section. Call the States ‘IT Requisition’ and ‘HR Check’.
- Click on (Start) and add another state called ‘CEO Check’. Click on (Start) and add a transition between (Start) and HR Check and (Start) and IT Requisition. Under Assignments, set the User or Group to yourself. We are sending it to ourselves so we can see what each state looks like after we are done.
- On HR Check and IT Requisition add a transition to CEO Check.
- On HR Check and CEO Check add a transition to (Start) and make sure Parallel Exit is selected for HR Check.
- On CEO Check, add a transition to (Finish).
Explanation to the work flow.
We are using parallel workflow, a new feature in V9. Parallel workflow allows multiple states to be completable at the same time. So instead of relying on a one state to be completed in order to complete the next step, you can have it so that both steps can be completed at that the same time.
The way we are using this in this project is with the IT Requisition and the HR Check, allowing both steps to be completed without having to wait on the other. You may have also seen the Priority Parallel Exit check box. When the checkbox is clicked, it allows that transition to immediately go to the next state in the workflow skipping the other steps in the parallel workflow. When the checkbox is not clicked, you must wait until all states have been completed before going out of the parallel workflow. We are using this the option in this project to let the HR Check immediately send the workflow back to the start if it chooses.
We have to add conditions to the transitions however for this to make sense as to why we are doing this.
- Click on the transition which goes from HR Check to CEO Check. Click on Conditions and change the type to Fragment Output. Make the Fragment: HR and the output Accepted, and the Comparison: Equals ‘accepted’.
- Now click on the transition which goes from HR Check to (Start). Make it so that it is only active when HR fragment’s declined output is equal to ‘declined’.
- Click on the transition between CEO Check and (Finish). Make it so that it is only active when CEO’s fragment’s Accepted equals ‘accepted’. For CEO Check to (Start), make it so that it is only active when CEO’s fragment’s Declined equals ‘declined’.
Now that we have completed our workflow, we need to make the form different based on what state the workflow is at.
- Exit workflow and click on the employee page and go to the conditions tab. Change Conditions For: to Editable and change the type to state. Make the Comparison: Equals (Start) and click add. Do this for the Terms of Agreement page also.
- On the new Employee IT Requisition page, change the Conditions For: to Visible, change the Type to State and make the Comparison Not Equal To (Start). And Make so that it is only editable when the State is equal to IT Requisition.
- On the HR fragment, only make it visible if the State is equal to HR Check or CEO Check, and that it is only editable when the State is equal to HR Check.
- On the CEO fragment, make it only visible if the State is equal to CEO Check
All the steps have been completed and we now have a functional On-boarding form. If you want to do more with this project you can set up the transition so it can go specifically to the HR, IT departments and the CEO and you can link all the question answers to a related document. Now publish the project and see how it runs.
fragment on-board parallel work flow adddate