Applies to Infiniti v8.6.2 or later
Infiniti now supports multiple series being displayed in an Infiniti chart using the chart question type, previously a user could only add a single series. The below example shows a chart comparing monthly temperature averages for two different years.
Note: this example assumes that the user has an existing data source set up to filter the chart with the necessary data. In this example we have used a simple database table that has monthly average temperatures for 2012 and 2013. Then used a multiple row list box data source to pull the data from the database and into Infiniti.
Please refer to the article Chart question type before continuing.
Simple multi-series temperature chart example:
- Add a chart question type.
- Rename the chart question and answer to a meaningful name e.g. 'Temp Chart'.
- Click to select the chart question and navigate to the properties page.
- The series window will now display.
- Add the following properties and click Add.
- Add another series chart by clicking the add button in the series window. Add the following properties and click OK.
- Go back to the properties page and scroll down until you find the Value Axis segment
- Add the following properties
- Scroll down until you find the Category Axis segment and add the following values
- Add a placeholder onto the chart answer.
- Run in produce and the chart should insert into the document and look similar to the screenshot below.
Enabling 3D Chart Area
It is now possible to enable your chart to be in 3D.
- Click to select the chart question.
- Scroll down to the Chart Area segment in properties
- Check the Enable 3D Chart Area check box and click OK.
- Run in produce, the outputted chart should look similar to the below screenshot.
multi-series chart area output 3D point label answer