Applies to Infiniti v8.5 onwards
Infiniti by Intelledox helps organizations to nurture and control business processes through document automation, smart web forms (e-forms), batch processing and CRM. It is an award-winning product that allows businesses to produce smarter, targeted customer communications while easing the burden of paperwork and red tape.
Infiniti by Intelledox seamlessly integrates with an organization’s existing technology investments, including SharePoint, TRIM, TIBCO and Compuware Changepoint. Infiniti uses the native power of Microsoft Office while leveraging sophisticated rules engines, audit trails and reporting to produce compliant, data-driven documents.
Unlike other business process automation software that can only produce outputs in one type of file or format, Infiniti can generate multi-format, multi-channel documents in DOC, DOCX, PDF, XML, PPT, SMS, email and many more.
Infiniti 8.5 takes Intelledox’s solution set to the next level. This is a product release that delivers significantly enhanced functionality, speed and user experience over the previous customer version of Infiniti (Version 8.4).
Infiniti 8.5 features
Infiniti 8.5 introduces the following new features and updates over the previous public release version of Infiniti – V18.104.22.168:
Support for Microsoft Excel
One of the new features on the latest version of the Infiniti application (8.5) is the facility to generate Excel Spreadsheet files.
Excel in DESIGN:
- When creating or updating a new project, there is now the ability to add file of type "Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet" - as a template document. Placeholders are named ranges and worksheet names. Text can be inserted, removed or repeated with a named range, and removed or repeated with a worksheet name.
- The template format is xlsx so only Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010 are supported on the designer pc. Layout spreadsheets are not supported at this time so Excel is not an option in layout projects.
Excel in MANAGE:
- Publish screen has the foll9owing list of options - Xlsx, Xls, ods, pdf and xps
- A named range can be an area of cells or a whole row. When a whole row is selected, removing the placeholder will remove the rows from the spreadsheet. If the whole row is not selected then the cell values will just be cleared.
Not supported features at this time:
For further information, please refer to the following article in the Knowledgebase:
- Inserting document fragments - Different file type
- Auto logic style application
Audit Trails - Enhanced
Infiniti 8.5 introduces an enhanced Audit Trail support. Audit trails can now be maintained on user activities surrounding user activities (create, edit, delete, access, etc.) in the following areas: Projects / Folder / Users / User Group-Roles / Content Library Items / Data - Custom Fields / Settings / Licenses / Workflows.
In addition to the initial feature of Audit Trails, 8.5 now introduces the following scenarios and parameters for audit purposes:
1. Export Project - Project Name is audited.
2. Reassign Task, Unlock Task, Terminate Task - additional parameters are being audited - please see attached sheet.
3. Edit User Roles and Groups - List of Added/Removed Roles/Groups are being audited.
4. Edit Group - List of Added/Removed Roles are being audited.
5. Edit Role - List of Added/Removed Permissions are being audited.
6. Edit Connector Settings - List of modified parameters for selected connector along with old and new values(if not encrypted) are being audited.
Switching on auditing in Infiniti-Manage:
In the SQL Server, the Audit events are stored in the “AuditLogs” table. At this stage, there is no UI – the user will have to create their own custom view to extract and report on the information.
Infiniti allows creation of nested actions which can reference the output value of the parent action. A nested action can reference that newly created ID and run another action. An action can only be the child of another action if the parent is a repeater.
Further information and an example can be found in the following Knowledge base article:
KB : http://ixsupport.intelledox.com/KB/a421/nested-actions.aspx?KBSearchID=0
Augmented Password Settings
Security has been enhanced in Infiniti 8.5 with the upgraded password settings panel.
The Password Settings panel can be accessed in Manage-Settings-Security (as shown below):
The following options are available:
- Minimum Password Length (Default 0);
- Number of failed logon attempts before user is locked out for 5 minutes;
- Number of passwords maintained in history for each user;
- Number of days before password expires;
- Complex Passwords - must contain upper/lower case, numeric and special characters;
- Encryption of answer files and project definitions in the database;
- Time to wait in seconds before successive logon attempts;
- IP lockout after a configured number of failed logon attempts;
- Duration of IP lockout.
The same information can be found in the Knowledge Base - http://ixsupport.intelledox.com/KB/a425/password-settings-in-85-onwards.aspx?KBSearchID=0
'Data Source' support in the Windows App:
Datasources are now supported in the Windows client app. They work the same as datasources in Produce, with the exception that you may be offline when using them.
In an 'online' mode, those projects with datasources that are accessed via the Windows App will behave normally as they would in the regular "Produce" web UI.
If a user is operating offline, the data will only be displayed if it's currently accessible (for example - stored on the mobile device itself). Text saying "Offline" will appear if the user is offline and the question will be treated as Read-Only. However, once the user is re-synched again in an 'online mode' and makes a selection, and then go offline again, the user's selection will be recalled and used when generating the project.
INK Question type - Now with Colour support
The INK question type now supports colours. There is now the ability to set a default ink colour in DESIGN as well as the ability to let a 'Produce user' select a colour.
Introduction of an "Unlimited Named Users" module key
A new Unlimited Named Users Module key has been added to the Licensing Module.
This type of Module Key is generated by Intelledox Support. It should be added to the Manage -> Licensing page. On addition, it will be recognised and treated as an "Unlimited Users license".
Note - This key comes with an expiration date, hence it will be valid only until the expiration date has not been reached.
Conditions for adding and removing repeated rows
If a page or section is repeated you can now set a condition to prevent adding or removing rows. However, this does not prevent someone from changing the content of a section or page.
Person 1 in start state creates 3 rows. Enters A, B & C.
Sends it to Person 2 in state 1 where the row count cannot be changed
Person 2 changes line item C to D.
Person 2 generates document with content A, B & D.
Add/Remove/Reorder rows for pre-populated sections and pages
In previous versions of Infiniti, Data driven sections and pages could not have their rows modified. Only by changing the data source's selections would it be modified.
All of these actions are now enabled and work the same as normal repeats with the following notes:
- Question references to the data source question will return a blank string for manually added rows. It is common for questions under the repeat to have data references to show the user what is in the data base. When you add a section row manually it is not tied to a data source row and so those references cannot be resolved.
- Modifying the data source's selection will bring back previously deleted section rows. This is essentially a resync of the section rows to the data sources selections. Manually added rows will be untouched.
Highlight the names of newly added Tabpages in Design
Infiniti now makes it easier for to add a tabpage to the treeview. Once added, it should get highlighted, so that user can easily edit it....similar to when a new question, answer etc are added.
Note - At this stage, this will not be the case for a section, column and tabgroup.
Find dependencies will now search for all references. In earlier versions, this feature was limited to the scenario where a question would be explicitly specified (like in a condition drop down), it will now pick up all references including text references such as [q1]. Find dependencies now exist for the following:
'Contained In' and 'Not Contained In' data filter string comparisons
The data filter string comparison options list has now been augmented to include two new functions - 'Contained In' and 'Not Contained In'. The following example set demonstrates how these can be used:
- Question default value
- Question text (such as label)
- Question validation rules
- Answer display text
- Answer rule formula
- Answer rule compare to
- Variable answer formula
- Data source answer formula
- Content alternative text
- Chart series data question
- Document file name
- Action fixed values
- Action question references
- Escalation fixed values
- Escalation question references
- Escalation conditions
- State transition email text
- State transition email subject
- State transition help text
- State transition page title
- State transition default comment
- State transition action conditions
- State transition action fixed values
B is contained in A:
A= Toy, B = Toyota – condition is FALSE
A=Toyota, B=Toy – condition is TRUE
Not Contained In:
B is NOT contained in A:
Configuring Timeouts In Infiniti Produce
A= Toy, B = Toyota – condition is TRUE
A=Toyota, B=Toy – condition is FALSE
Infiniti permits timeout configuration for forms. So if the user allows the timeout period to expire while in the wizard it will take the user to the login screen. Logging in will take the user back to the last page of the form in use when the Timeout occurred.
Any data entered on that particular screen before the timeout occurs will be lost.
Timeouts will work for "Forms Authenticated" environments. In the case of Windows AD Authenticated environments, a user input will be re-synched by AD thus the benefits of Timeouts cannot be leveraged in this scenario.
To configure timeouts, proceed to this article in the knowledge base:
Additional custom format strings supported in Format function ("+", "-", "+-", "+-+-")
In earlier version of Infiniti, the format strings "+", "-", "+-", and "+-+-" were supported as a answer output format but NOTin the Format() calculation function itself. These have been included - and are now supported and work in the same way for string formatting
For further information, visit the following Knowledge Base articles:
Max length of Username and email fields increased to 256
The length of Username and Email address fields in the database have been increased from 50 to 256 characters.
Relevant screens like User, Group, Address Book, User profile etc on Manage/Produce and relevant stored procedures have been modified to absorb this change.
Introduced Restriction on file types (bmp/jpg/gif/png) for Image Content Library Uploads
Earlier versions of Infiniti had the ability to define Valid Extensions for Content library questions of type 'Attachment. Based on similar lines we can now restrict file types for Image content library questions . In Design, on selecting a content library question and Content Type is Image, and Display type is either Upload or Search/Upload, a "Valid Extensions" textbox is now made visible. Its possible to now enter a list of extensions but they have to be combination of the allowed four file types viz. bmp, gif, jpg, png. And based on that, when the project is run in Produce, when prompted to upload a file, the configured file types are displaying as allowable and uploaded files must strictly belong to one of these types.
However if no restrictions are set in Design for that question, it allows any of the four file types viz. bmp, gif, jpg, png.
Answer Files & Project Definitions can be encrypted in the database
There is a new "Encrypt Data" option in Manage > Settings > Security Page.
Setting this option "on" will mean that Answer Files stored in the database will be encrypted instead of being stored as plain text.
At the time the option is switched "on" or "off", Infiniti will start encoding/decoding existing Answer Files in the database. This may take a while, but it will run in the background, so Infiniti can continue to operate as normal. It will be possible to launch projects regardless of if they've been encoded or not - but they will always be saved based on this setting .
Switching the "Encrypt Data" option "on", will encrypt Project Definitions as well.
Note: If the option is "on" at the time of an upgrade, it must be switched "off" and "on" again in order to encrypt all the project definitions (otherwise they will be encrypted only when actually launched).
Upgrades and Updates
Aspose Words and Aspose cells have been upgraded to the following versions:
- Aspose.Words 13.11,
- Aspose.Cells 7.6.1
Introduced ability to "Preview" selected content item in wizard