You can trigger generated documents on your action(s). This is useful for those situations when specific actions generate specific documents.
This example will demonstrate how to set up a project that has two generated documents. Doc 1 will be linked to an 'email' action while Doc2 will be linked to a 'print' action.
1. In Design create a new project
2. Add another Word template (Actions > Add Template)
3. Change the name of both document templates to Doc1 and Doc2
4. Add an email action to the finish page (refer to Add an Action to a Project how to article)
5. Configure the email action (refer to Send to Email Action how to article)
6. Add a Print action to the finish page (refer to Send to Print how to article)
7. Select the 'Send Email' action and select the 'Documents' tab on the right hand of the screen
8. Within the 'Action Documents' screen select the 'Custom' option and from the 'Document' dropdown menu select 'Doc1' then click 'Add.'
9. Select the 'Print' action and select the 'Documents' tab on the right hand of the screen
10. Within the 'Action Documents' screen, select the 'Custom' option and from the 'Document' dropdown menu select 'Doc2' then click 'Add'.
- Once project has been run (generated) in Produce, Doc1 and Attachment_1 will be send to the email address configured in the email action. Doc2 will be sent to the printer configured in the Print action.
triggering actions document generation print