Infiniti is often required to send emails, this requires SMTP to be configured in IIS by specifying an mail server to delivery the e-mail to. It is good practice to direct all outgoing email to a dedicated email server. Often however, organizations simply configure the SMTP service packaged with Windows Server 2008 on the Infiniti web server. This can be achieved by the following steps:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click on Server Manager.
3. Click on the Features node in the Server Manager pane. Click on Add Features in the Features Summary pane.
4. Click on the box next to SMTP Server, and the Add Features Wizard window opens clarifying which role services and features need to be installed. Click the Add Required Role Services button. Click Next.
5. Click Next on the page which discusses the Web Server (IIS) role, which is already installed.
6. Note on the next page that the only new role service which will be installed is the IIS 6 Management Console, and click Next.
7. Review the installation selection on the next page, and note that SMTP Server will be installed, and click Install.
8. Ensure that the installation is fully successfully, and then click Close.
9.Open Services and ensure that the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Service (SMTP) exists and its startup type is automatic.