Applies to Infiniti v8.0 or later
Slowness or a lag when loading up the Infiniti application after a long idle time can be due to the Application Pool recycling itself.
This can be prevented by increasing / disabling the Idle time-out setting on the application pool.
Turning off the Idle timeout should not impact the application in most situations. However the setting should certainly be enabled in situations such as:
- Leaky applications
- Servers with lots of application pools
- Server not having enough resources (Memory)
Steps to make this change:
- Open IIS
- Expand the node with the local server name
- Click on the Application Pools icon
- You will see a list of application pools that are defined on the server. Select the Application Pool that you want to modify
- In the right hand pane (Actions), click on ‘Advanced Settings’ option
- In the ‘Advanced Settings’ dialog box, look for the Idle Time-Out property; the default value is 20 minutes; just change it to a value you prefer. (Value ‘0’ disables the timeout so that the app pool will never shut down due to inactivity)
idle timeout application pool slowness recycling server