|Applies to Infiniti v8.1 or later
With II6 the ‘Failed to start monitoring changes to '....\web.config' because access is denied message’ will appear if a folder on the web server does not have appropriate access permissions. Often occurs when installing a theme.
Add the necessary permissions to to folder this can be achieved by finding the 'suspect' folder with the incomplete permissions by comparing the various folder properties or by the generic instructions below:
- In Windows Explorer, locate the application folder or the virtual directory that contains the content (for example, D:\MyWeb\Users\MainDirectory\MyApplication).
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Add.
- Type ComputerName\NETWORK SERVICE (for example, on a computer that is named Webdev, type Webdev\NETWORK SERVICE), and then click OK. If impersonation is turned on, you must also add the impersonated accounts.
- Allow the following permissions for the Network Service account (and for the impersonated accounts if impersonation is turned on):
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box and to save the changes.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for all the folders in the hierarchy of the path. For example:
failed start monitor web.config access denied