Applies to Infiniti v8.0 or later
I'm a desktop person, I prefer desktop apps over web apps, so anything I can do to make a web app feel like a desktop is up my alley. I don't like having to open Internet Explorer, click on my Director shortcut then click Designer if I want to start working on a design. So how can I link this Designer button directly from my desktop?
- Right click on the desktop and select New -> Shortcut
- In the dialog paste you Director URL and append /IntelledoxDesigner.application
(example: http://localhost/Intelledox/Director/Designer/IntelledoxDesigner.application) and press Next
- Give the shortcut a useful title such as 'Intelledox Designer' and click Finish
To give the new Shortcut an icon:
- Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties
- Click Change icon
- You can navigate to any icon file on your computer. I used the Intelledox Director favicon.ico within the installation but that won't be available on a client computer
- Click OK, and you're done
Double click your new Desktop icon to fire up Designer directly.
link designer from desktop start menu