While the name of the label is unimportant, the save by unique label name is. The unique label name is something we will be using to reference a value from the URL. If it does not reference anything, then it will return as an empty value.
Creating our Unique URL
- In Manage go to Folders and click the folder you published Receiving Parameters in. Click on Receiving Parameters and find the ID, copy it down somewhere. It should look something like this
- If you closed down Passing Parameters, open it up in design app and drag an action to finish. Make the action type Redirect and click OK.
- Make the attribute Redirect URL and the Type and a fixed value.
We are going to edit a link to transfer values over. You may want to open up notepad or a similar text program to create the URL in.
Start with (assuming you are on ixtransform)
If you are using something a little different than ixtransform, just change the ixtransform bit to whatever website you are currently being hosted on.
(Examples: http://www.ixsform.com/launch.aspx, http://www.preview.ixtransform.com/launch.aspx)
- Next add the ID of Receiving Parameters
http://www.ixtransform.com/launch.aspx?id=(Receiving Parameters id)
- Next we will add the extra parameters. Use the tool to select the questions.
Go with this structure
http://www.ixtransform.com/launch.aspx?id=(Receiving Parameters id)&fname=(First Name)&lname=(Last Name)&pnumber=(Phone Number)&email=(email)&type=(variable question type)
It should look something like this once you had added all of your values
- Add the newly created URL inside the fixed value of the action and click Add.
- Click Save and run the project.
What we have achieved
When you run Passing Parameters it will give you basic text field as well as a multiple choice question. The action we have made redirects us to our Retrieving parameters project with some extra values. The labels in the hidden page take the values from the link and make them their own. All the hidden labels are doing is referencing a value from the URL. We have other labels to show what the values are and we also have a parameter which changes how the form looks.
Parameters are a very useful way to pass through data from multiple forms.
pass parameter tutorial