|Applies to Infiniti v8.0
|Click HERE for the v8.1 article.
Pages can be configured to repeat the set of questions within the page as many times as the end user needs to enter all the required information.
This is useful when you need to collect multiple items of data from the user, but have more questions or complex requirements than can be met using a repeating section refer Repeating Sections for more information.
When a page is configured as repeating, Add and Remove buttons allow the user to add new ‘records’ as required. Each record added creates a new sub-page represented in the progress bar on the left of the screen, indented below the parent page.
The related content in the generated document grows with the number of records added by the user in Producer. Each record could be used to populate a single table row, paragraphs, entire pages or documents.
How to add a repeating page
1. Create a page (refer to Pages).
2. On the Properties tab, choose a Repeating option.
3. Choose the repeating option. The Placeholder option will repeat content within a single document for example, populate a table whereas the Document option will generate an entire document for each record.
4. Where the Placeholder option has been selected, use the drop down list to select repeat Placeholder. Follow Repeat Bookmark to find out how to create a repeat bookmark.
5. Use the Repeat Title property to specify a name for the page. This will be displayed to the end user in Producer as they add more records, and can contain a formula to dynamically build an individualized page name.
6. Add appropriate question types to the page and save the project.
add repeat pages sections parent page